Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Festive Wrap

For dinner tonight, we are having Festive Wraps. These make a very tasty, light meal, and are a quick prep. We usually serve with a small fruit salad, and occasionally chips.

Ingredients

* About 1 c shredded chicken, cooked
* About .5 c black beans
* .5 can mexican corn
* .5 c salsa
* .25 c sour cream
* 1 T milk
* 1 T lime juice
* 4 whole grain tortilla wraps
* 1 avocado peeled and pitted, sliced into 8
* About 1 c spinach
* .5 - 1 c mexican (or just sharp) shredded cheese

Whisk together milk, sour cream, and lime juice. Gently blend the chicken, black beans, mexican corn, and salsa. Stir in the milk mixture. Warm tortillas in a low heat oven, or in a skillet on low. They just need to be warmed enough to be soft and pliable. Works best to do one at a time. Lay one tortilla on your plate. Lay a thin bed of spinach over the whole tortilla. Spoon .25 of the chicken mixture in a line across the tortilla, about 1/3 of the way from one edge. Lay 2 slices avocado on top, and then sprinkle with .25 of your cheese. Roll up and enjoy right away. These are good next day, as long as you do not put them together. The chicken mixture tastes great sitting over night. But the actual construction of the wraps needs to be done very soon before eating.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

Maria said...

Forgive me for snorting. I can barely heat up a can of campbell's soup...but feel free to mail some of them to me...

Liv and I had ham sandwiches, chips and an apple for dinner. And that is about as good as it gets when Bing is gone....

Court said...

LOL - good thing Bing is around most of the time then, eh?

I used to be a total non-cook!! Marriage has changed that in me though.

I do love a good ham sandwich too!

yankeegirl said...

These sound so yummy! but my kids are so dang picky, I'll have to wait until S is around to try them!

Anonymous said...

sounds delicious to me but will have to wait till Lise is gone as she 1) detests spinach 2)detests avocado 3) hates black beans

Court said...

I'm looking forward to hearing what you guys think, when you get a chance to try it.

I think it is a great meal, because I very much LOVE avocado, LOVE black beans, and have a decent relationship with spinach. Yum!